Monday, March 20, 2006

Libertine making tracks

Dirty Pretty Things, the band of 'other Libertine' Cart Barat, is set to release its debut album in May. If the tracks on the promo sampler recently sent out to reviewers and record shops is anything to go by, we have plenty to look forward to. The songs bristle with the punk energy of early Libertines numbers. This will come as a pleasant surprise to anyone who like me was slightly underwhelmed by first offering Bang Bang, You're Dead.

In an interview with the NME late last year, Carl said that after a difficult year his new band feels like "four guys against the world again", and the tour has given him the chance to bond with the rest of the group.

He said: "I've taken a year to sweep up the pieces, focusing, and remembering who I was and why I did what I did rather than tying up the loose ends of the Libertines, which has really taken up a lot of time and emotional space."

Sounds like it did the trick:
Dirty Pretty Things - You Fucking Love it [mp3]
Dirty Pretty Things - If You Were Wondering [mp3]
Dirty Pretty Things - Deadwood [mp3]
Dirty Pretty Things - Gin & Milk [mp3]

8 comments:

iamahatter9 said...

Dude thanks for the DPT tunes, I am going to see them in April, I can't wait. I have been excited just at the quality of 'Bang Bang Your Dead'

Cheers Mate, already put them on my mp3.

Unknown said...

Cheers dude! Great site by the way! havent posted here before, keep it up!!

Rich

* said...

Awesome, you are the man

innes said...

I saw them at the end of February, and they were truly awesome.

I've linked to this blog, on my msn space [http://spaces.msn.com/theinnes]I hope you don't mind.

Thanks for posting these tracks, I can't wait for the album. It's one of those thing that you just know is going to be great.

Keep up the great work.

Anonymous said...

thankyou, you are a god.

Anonymous said...

love if you were wondering. bring on the festivals, baby!!!!!

Anonymous said...

thank you very much!!
could you please upload again the other ones?
thank you again!

elbuho said...

Gentry Cove is
here

Bang Bang, You're Dead should be fairly easy to find on Hype, elbo.ws or LĂ­mewire.